Sunday, June 26, 2011

Butterfly Purse Pattern

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry I keep neglecting to post on my blog!  Thankfully, I have a pattern for you all today! 
I made this purse a few days ago, so I wrote the pattern as I went along.  Let me know if you find any errors in it so that I can fix them. 


Yarn used: 2 skeins of Caron Simply Soft yarn (I used two different colors)
Size I hook

Note: You will be holding 2 strands of yarn together throughout the entire pattern. 

Ch 3
Round 1:  DC 9 times in 3rd Ch from hook.  Slip stitch into first stitch to end round.
Round 2 - 4: Ch 3, 2 DC in next stitch and in each stitch around, end round with slip stitch. 
Round 5 and 6:  Ch 3, DC once in each stitch around, end round with a slip with a slip stitch. 
Round 7:  Ch 3, DC twice in the 3rd stitch from hook.  *Skip 2 stitches, DC 3 times in next stitch* around and end with a slip stitch. 
Round 8:  Ch 3, DC twice in same space.  *Skip next DC cluster, DC 3 times in next space*  
Round 9:  Ch 3, DC in next 2 stitches, *skip space, skip 1 stitch, DC in next 2 stitches* end round with a slip stitch. 
Round 10- 13:  Ch 3, DC in each stitch around, end round with a slip stitch. 
Round 14:  Repeat round 7
Round 15 - 16:  Repeat round 8
Round 17:  Repeat round 9
Round 18:  Ch 1, sc in next 4 stitches.  Chain 45, skip next 10 stitches, sc in next 8 stitches.  Chain 45, skip next 10 stitches, sc in next 4 stitches.  End round with a slip stitch. 
Round 19:  Sc in each stitch around (including chains) 

End off and weave in ends

I made the butterfly on the front using this pattern. 

Enjoy!  I would love to see pictures if you decide to use my pattern!  Also, if anything is not making sense, be sure to contact me so I can help you out. 

Have a great day!


2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm going to have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pattern! You won an award on my blog! Pop on by and pass it on if you'd like!
    Grace Ann
    WouldYouLikeYarnWithThat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Leave me a comment- I love hearing from you!